Friday, June 15, 2007

Milan Keen on Shevchenko Signing

ShevchenkoAC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi is confident of bringing Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko back to the San Siro. Milan's vice-president Adriano Galliani claimed on 5 June that Chelsea were unwilling to let Shevchenko, 31, leave after signing him for £30m in 2006.

But Berlusconi believes a deal is still possible, telling Gazetta dello Sport: "Sheva has a great desire to return. "The last time I spoke to Galliani, a couple of days ago, the probability of him coming back to Milan was 80%." Shevchenko has been continuously linked with a return to the San Siro after a difficult first season at Stamford Bridge.

Milan, the European champions, are keen to sign a new striker and have reportedly targeted Arsenal striker Thierry Henry and Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o. But Berslusconi appears to have his heart set on Shevchenko, saying: "I like [Samuel] Eto'o, he is young, but I am a romantic and I prefer Shevchenko.

"There are no obstacles linked to his salary because he would be winning a similar fee as that of our top players.

"We will have to negotiate his transfer with Chelsea, each club looks at their own interests. I really believe Shevchenko would be an ideal player to complete our attacking line.

"I consider Sheva as my son. I have experienced important moments with his family, such as his father's heart operation and the birth of his son, who I'm a godfather to.

"Andriy is still young, he's got so many years of his career ahead of him."

[Source from; news.bbc.co.uk]

No comments: